**You can purchase the ad free, printer friendly PDF version of my pattern by clicking in my Etsy shop here**
**Please note this post contains affiliate links that when clicked earns this site a small commission at NO EXTRA COST TO YOU. I will only ever direct you to products and companies that I genuinely trust use and love**
Oversized with a funky ruffle detail, this warm and cosy jumper is the perfect winter staple for your wardrobe. I can already picture myself in my trackies, with a hot chocolate in hand, snuggling down to a cosy movie in this jumper. Or flip it on its head and pair it with a some jeans and your favourite boots and you have yourself a outfit to go Christmas shopping in. Eeek I mentioned Christmas ssssh!
Let’s start by talking about this texture.. now I love crochet but sometimes I just want a knitted jumper so I really wanted to get that knit look from crochet. There are a few stitches that create the ‘knitted look’ which are becoming more popular within the crochet world. I used the ‘Front Facing Half Double crochet or half double crochet in the 3rd loop stitch, a super easy 2 row repeated stitch that pushes the 2 loops usually worked into, to the front to create the little ‘V’s you usually see in knitted garments.
I chose white grey and pink because its is my favourite colour combination at the moment and I think colour blocking is massively ‘In’ right now. You could be super creative with the colours you choose, why not try clashing colours? The possibilities are endless with this jumper and I hope you enjoy making it as much as I did.
***So without further ado you can find the ad free, printer friendly pattern in the following places***
The pattern can be easily adjusted to your personal liking, and is written for sizes XS-3XL. Construction consists of 4 panels that are whip stitched together and while I would say this is an easy jumper to make I wouldn’t recommend it for absolute beginners. The pattern uses front and back post stitches and the arms contain minimal shaping where counting stitches can be slightly overwhelming. I have made the pattern as user friendly as possible and it even contains little hits and tips all the way through.
Here’s what you’ll get in the pattern:
- Full written instructions for the Rain Lily colour block Jumper in Sizes XS-3XL
- Handy Tip to make reading the pattern easier.
- Full Stitch counts
- Photographic help for the Front Facing Half Double crochet
- Handy mini chart for visual understanding.
- Photo tutorial to show construction of the jumper
- To ruffle? Or not to ruffle? The choice is up to you as they are added right at the end!
What You’ll Need:
- Category 5 bulky weight yarn. I used Stylecraft Special Chunky in Silver and White and King Cole Baby Chunky in Pale Pink.
- 7mm crochet hook or hook to obtain gauge
- Darning needle
- Sharp embroidery scissors
- Stitch Markers (Optional)
- Ch = Chain
- Hdc = Half Double crochet
- Dc = Double crochet
- Ffhdc = Front facing half double crochet
- Hdc blo = Half double crochet in the back loop only
- Knowledge of the whip stitch is also needed.
I hope you enjoyed this pattern, I would love to see your makes so be sure to tag me on Instagram @bmooncrochetbytoni and use the #bluemooncrochet
Other places you can find me..
Liked this pattern? You may also like: